Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Welcome to the world Carver Elliott!




On Wednesday, July 27th at 7:47 am Carver made his grand entrance into the world via a c section. It isn't what I originally had wanted but it went well and I am happy with the choice I made. Riley stayed at my parents house the night before and Jeromy took me to the hospital at 5:15am the morning of the 27th. Once Carver had arrived he waited til I was out of recovery and went to pick up Riley to come and meet his new baby brother. They both spent two of my three nights in the hospital with me, and I was thankful to have them both so close. Saturday afternoon we all made the trip home and Jeromy was able to take Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off to help me at home. He's been amazing and it's made this transition so much easier than I expected. Riley loves spending time with Carver, talking to him and snuggling with him. Carver is a pretty good sleeper and eats like a champ. I am looking forward to be taking off restrictions so I can start walking with the boys and some other moms. Carver is 13 days old today and such a sweet little guy. We all feel so blessed to have him here after all these months of waiting. I know this time is going to fly by and I am doing my best to enjoy it while it lasts. Getting no sleep can be hard, but in no time at all he'll be sleeping through the night and I'll miss his tiny face greeting me during the wee hours of the morning so I am thankful for every moment we spend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment