Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 5, 2012






It's JULY! How did I let the last six months get away from me? We're only a few weeks away from Carver's first birthday. I blinked! That's all I did, and BAM, my little squirt is turning one! This time last year we were getting ready to go camping and I was bummed I could only go for the day because I had been put on bed rest. Now we're getting ready to take Carver camping for the first time. Riley was only four months old on his first camping trip and could walk by the time the next year rolled around. We'll see how camping goes with a crawler. There is so much going on in our lives right now and some days I feel like I should be carrying around a video camera everywhere so I don't miss anything. I feel blessed to have been able to stay home for the last year and have been here for every little milestone. I can't imagine missing out on these things. Summer is making me so glad I have a nice big yard for the boys to run wild in. Riley is a ball of energy and tends to bounce off the walls with his friends if they can't go outside. He is loving the kiddie pool, baseball, soccer, and right now we're getting ready to spruce up the old swingset so the kids will have even more to do in the backyard. Yesterday was the fouth of July and we went up to Washington to watch my uncle and cousin set off very loud, and bright fireworks. My sweet little baby seemed only mildly interested in them and fell asleep in the midst of all the noise and slept soundly til morning. He amazes me daily, if not hourly. He has such a fun personality and a sweet demeanor. I'm hoping to start updating more often so I can look back years from now and remember all the things I'm likely to forget. Oh, if only life would slow down for a moment so I could take it all in!

No comments:

Post a Comment